Monday, April 11, 2005

Lies and Arrows of fire

Satan is attacking me again...and he's using the same lies he did before (and more):

1) I am not beautiful
2) I am not worthy of any good
3) Marriage is my only hope for success or happiness
4) I must bare children to be of worth
5) No man will be able to love me if I cannot bare children
6) No one wants me (including God)
7) No one wants to be around me
8) No one cares about my pain

That's basically it right now...And you can plainly see that those are crap, and yet they are so far in my brain that they hurt me and cause me to fall. I am not to the point where I would Si (self-injure) over them...but I am getting there, and Satan isn't going to stop until I do get there.

So for any of you out there, who struggle with any of those lies listen to what God says and not what Satan says:

1) I am beautiful
- "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised"
- Proverbs 31:30
- "...for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
- 1 Samuel 16:7

2 and 6) I am worthy of Heaven and even wanted there
- "For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth."
- Deuteronomy 7:6
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
- John 3:16

3) Marriage is a gift and may be in my future but,
- "But I say to the unmarried and to the widows that it is good for them to remain even as I."
- 1 Corinthians 7:8
4 and 5) I am of worth and I am lovable (even if I am barren)
- "For behold, the days are coming when they will say 'Blesses are the baren and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.' "
- Luke 23:29
- "But to Hannah he would give a double portion, for he loved Hannah, even though the Lord had closed her womb."
- 1 Samuel 1:5

7) I am God's
- " Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."
- James 1:2-3
- "Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord, we have an everlasting rock."
- Isaiah 26:4

8) God cares
- " You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered your ledger, each written in your book."
- Psalm 56:8 (Messenger version)
- " Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home