Sunday, September 04, 2005

Why those lyrics touch me

The lyrics from the post before this one are very special to me, because they touch me where my pain lies...

I used to hide behind my smile and tell everyone that I was fine and nothing was wrong, when inside I was thinking about suicide.

To this day, I don't feel good enough to get anything I desire, which has caused me to close many a door on the opportunities I have had.

Any lyric that talks about scars and hiding them or the tears associated with them reaches me, because I used to cut when I hurt inside so that I could have a physical reason to cry (and so I could focus on my pain by making it external). I still have scars to this day and I am afraid that they will depreciate my worth.

And then, when ever childhood pain is mentioned I hurt, because that was when my innocence was stolen from me, and the ramifications are still present today.

Many of these are Satan's lies and schemes to keep me away from Jesus and his grace, which is why the mention of the Lord healing my pain, and the fact that He suffered even worse than I could imagine. And then the fact that the Lord loves me enough to have suffered that pain and that He cares enough for me and even my smallest hurt to heal it, gives me an amazing amount of hope and joy.

The Lord my God is there for all who call upon Him, and all of those who call upon Him in love. My God can be your God too, and He will never leave nor forsake you...Rest in that comfort, because everyone else will let you down (even if they don't mean to, they will).

***Quick side note: Boys are funny, especially when they are playing matchmaker.

>>>Current mood: Sun burnt and tired...and also very confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home