Wednesday, April 26, 2006

One and Twenty...

All in the same week.

By one year old, many children are walking and have some verbal skills. I can say that I too can walk (I still teeter and fall like any infant would) and I have been learning to speak as well. There are still 'words' that are hard to say, but I am growing more each day and I am so glad to be in God's grace.

I was physically born 20 years ago, which means I am now 2 decades old and I am in my early 20s. Society now considers me an adult. I will now be expected to graduate, get a job, marry and have children...Kind of weird. All my life all I have wanted to be is an adult, and now that I am I have to say...So far it isn't any different...

But I will give it a chance.

I guess that this week I will be eating my first spiritual cake (whatever that looks like...but I bet it tastes heavenly). I will also be eating a physical birthday cake of my own for the 20th time. You would think it would get old, but not for me. I love seeing my cake every year (especially when it's a surprise cake that my mommy picks out for me...And yes, she still picks out my cakes even at 20).

I am looking forward to the next year where I will begin to grow more and learn more as well. By next year I should be able to speak and walk well. I will be a terrible twos spiritually (I wonder what that looks like, as with no sin there is no terrible...something to ponder).

I am excited to see where this next year takes me and I think I am ready for this journey. I know that God will give me all that I need to make it through and I want to thank each one of you for all that you do. God has sent me wonderful friends who help me through hard times, teach me, put up with me patiently and spend time with me. I am grateful for you and I just wanted to let you know. Have a great week.

>>>Current mood: Tired, but good. I'm one and twenty all in the same week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home