Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving perspective...

Thanksgiving is a holiday where families come together to eat and share...This year was different, and I sadly report that my family didn't get with much other family; but it's all okay.

I want to put thanks into a bit of a perspective...

When I consider the stars, one picture always comes to my mind, and it is the one of the Eagle Nebula...It is positively beautiful and yet we cannot see it with the naked eye...In fact, most of space is not visible to us even through satellites and space probes. It is there because it glorifies God, not for us to see or use. Space is, and it is because God decided it to be so...Think on that for a moment.

The Eagle Nebula does one thing, and it cannot do anything else. It glorifies God "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." ~Psalm 19:1

All the stars have to do is exist, and they glorify God...We aren't so lucky, because we have fallen and become evil. If we allow ourselves to just be, we will never know God let alone glorify Him...but he loves us any way.

We will never be able to put a dent in the debt we owe Him, yet He died for us any way.

Many will never know Him, but He suffered pain and agony for them any way.

God loves us, and blesses us because He can and because it glorifies Him. He doesn't do it because we earned it, or because we are good enough...

Think about all the blessings you have...I know that I have millions upon millions of them, and they are in no way because I am cool, worthy, or holy enough...they are bestowed upon me because it glorifies God to do so. I am also becoming aware that I have not been given great health because that is what glorifies God. He used my pain and weakness to his glorification and that makes me glad...

I know that I am nothing apart from Him, but with Him I can glorify His name...

Be thankful for all you have this thanksgiving (as well as this lifetime)...but also, be thankful for all that you don't have (be it looks, health, money, boyfriends, WHATEVER), because you do not have those things for God's glory.

The things you do not have now, may some day be given to you, but we must be able to be content with all that we have now...God's glorification through you depends on it...That is why faith is credited to us as righteousness. My faith in God and His plan, makes me content in my life and in all that I have and don't have...Contentment with life allows God's glory to shine through us with unceasing power.

Isn't life a miracle...and aren't you glad? I know I am...and while I am still working on the contentment I am also very thankful I am given the chance to work toward it and in awe that God's glory will shine through me (and to know that it already is...well I don't know the word to describe that).

May you have a blessed week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home