Friday...Hip...hip...Hooray!!
Well, it is finally friday...The last true Friday of the semester...The last true Friday of my freshman year of college. Weird, I will admit, and at the same time, sad. I am not ready for the changes that this summer will bring. I am ready to go and be with my cousins and to spend some needed time with my younger brother. But I am not ready for all of my good friends to be farther than a dorms breezeway from me. Here, I have encouragement and community...At home, I am looked upon differently. See, my parents say that they believe, but they don't. They don't trust the Bible, and they don't rely on God. They acknowledge that He is there and that He made them (through evolution, mind you), but they don't follow or love Him. When I told them that I did, instantly their faces fell...They had such high hopes for me, and while I will be attaining something so high they cannot even imagine it, it's not here on earth and it's not something I will earn...Heaven has been given to me by God, for my faith and love of Him. I don't deserve it, and there is nothing I can do to earn it...But my parents don't care about that. They want me to be a doctor, wealthy. And a mother too, because they do want grandchildren. But when I told them I just wanted to be a mother, I could tell...I never had their permission to be anything I wanted...They would only give that if I was to be wealthy.Oh well, I am not here to please them. I am here to honor them and serve Him. And serve Him I will. I am going to be learning how to serve a husband this summer (as I work on quilting and cooking) and I am going to get an opportunity to minister to my family (cousins and brother mostly). I am excited to see what God has in store for me this summer, although I know that it's not going to be easy...In fact, I might even break. But God is faithful, and He cares for me. I will not be left broken, you see, He will mold me and remake me into something better than I was before I broke.
Thank you God, the Ultimate Physician, and the True Potter!
>>>Current mood<<< Tired, but much better now that I have written that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home